Come out to the ballpark on Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 as the Southern CT State University Owls take on the University of New Haven Chargers in a one of a kind Multiple Sclerosis Awareness baseball game at the Ballpark at SCSU. During the game, players from both teams will be using official orange MS Awareness bats made by our sponsor, Tucci Limited. In order to spread additional awareness, all players will be wearing orange socks for the game, donated by Modell’s Sporting Goods. Orange is the official awareness color for Multiple Sclerosis, as over 2.5 million people worldwide are affected by the disease.
This event will take place at SCSU and run by MS4MS (MS4MS was founded by an alum of SCSU). Leading up to the game, MS4MS will be hosting a fundraising competition between Southern CT State University and the University of New Haven to raise additional funds for the cause, with prizes available for the winning University. Prizes will be announced as we get closer to the game! During the game, MS4MS merchandise will also be available on site for purchase.
If you are interested in volunteering or would like to become an official corporate sponsor for the event, please reach out to us today!
**See official fundraising contest rules below **
*100% of funds raised through Facebook Fundraising is donated directly to MS4MS. Facebook does not make a profit from donations*
*In order to be eligible for prizes, all fundraising dollars must be uploaded to your University’s Facebook Fundraising Page by 4/15 at 11:59 p.m.*
Date of game: Tuesday, April 16th @ 3:30 p.m. ET
Teams: Southern CT State University Owls vs. University of New Haven Chargers
Location: Ballpark at SCSU
501 Crescent St, New Haven, CT 06515
Fundraising Contest Dates: March 5th – April 15th
Fundraising Contest Prizes: TBA
Fundraising Contest Rules:
- Each University will receive ONE official team page through “Facebook Fundraisers” to fundraise through (when requested, MS4MS will approve up to 10 admins of the page from individuals from respective schools). This page will be created by MS4MS.
- Fundraising will take place from March 5th @ 9:00 a.m. – April 15th @ 11:59 p.m. ET
- In order to eligible for the top team prize award, all fundraising dollars must be submitted through the official Facebook Fundraising page.
- Everyone is encouraged to raise money online, but any in-person raised funds must be converted independently into your Facebook Fundraising page.
- Large in-person fundraising events are allowed in order to maximize your school’s fundraising dollars, but all money must eventually must be converted into your Facebook Fundraising page before April 15th @ 11:59 p.m. in order to be eligible for the team prize.